- Client: Terna Rete Italia
- Commissioned: Prysmian Powerlink
The power line was laid in two distinct sections:
- one that connects Sacca Serenella to Cavallino Treporti in the northern area of the lagoon (length of the track: 10.50 km - 42 km of cables)
- the second, most southerly, from Fusina to Sacca Fisola (route length: 5.20 km - 20.80 km of cables).
The overall length of the entire route is 15.70 km for a total of 62.80 km of laid cables.
Special features of the construction site
- Installation in areas with very shallow depth and high environmental value
- Simultaneous underwater installation in the trenches of a triad of power cables and of an optical fiber cable at a burial depth varying from -2.00 m to -3.00 m compared to the share of the natural background
- Overall track length: 15.70 km
- Total length of laid cables 62,80 Km
- Maximum length of the ground pull within TOC (Controlled Horizontal Drilling) 900 meters per single cable
Duration: 4 months
The project envisaged the simultaneous installation of three single-pole power cables and a telecommunications fiber optic cable joined in a single bundle without causing interruption of existing services, without closing the navigation and with the realization of the least possible number of junctions between the cables.
Video RAI TGR Veneto (16 June 2018)
- Pull of the cables on the ground within TOC (Controlled Horizontal Drilling) with controlled pull winch and data recording
- Controlled underwater laying of a bundle of 4 cables using cable laying machine with system "Green Trenching"
- Realization of all the signaling works of the new power line
- Realization of all complementary works for the crossing without interruption of existing services.
- Power cables (150 kV HVAC) External diameter: 116 mm Air weight: 31 kg / m
- Fiber optic cableExternal diameter: 35 mm Weight in air: 3 kg / m