As part of the MO.SE system in Venice, we have collaborated with major Italian companies in the construction of maritime and underwater works at the inlets of Lido Treporti, Lido San Nicolò, Malamocco and Chioggia.
We have contributed to the realization of most of the temporary and definitive steel structural works through the insertion of metal elements, even of considerable size, facing important challenges such as the construction of submerged combined walls (combi-walls) with heads up to -17.00m slmm, insertion of vertical and inclined circular poles with diameters up to 2100mm, lengths up to 50m and weights up to 70ton, all fixtures in a single solution without the creation of intermediate joint welds.
We also collaborated in the execution of most underwater activities such as:
- underwater leveling and laying geotextiles or protective mattresses
- laying of cyclopean boulders in concrete
- cutting metal elements
- construction of underwater concrete castings
- installation and recovery of current meters and other scientific instruments
- airlifts and cleaning submerged surfaces
- assistance in launching and laying the prefabricated reinforced concrete caissons constituting the support structure of the metal sluice gates.
These cyclopean elements had a maximum length of 60m, a maximum width of 45m and a height of 14m as well as a weight of approximately 26,000 ton for each element.
Thanks to the ""Provveditorato interregionale per le opere pubbliche per il Veneto, Trentino Alto Adige, Friuli Venezia Giulia” for the kind concession of the photographic material.