In 2013, the share of export income by Italian construction firms rose to 45%, sales grew by 5% with a net profit 7 times higher than the previous year. To give an idea of the impact of the crisis on this sector, two figures are sufficient:
- In the last 3 years, 19 companies exited from the top 50 list
- In 2008, to enter the top 45 a production of 113 million euros was needed, now just 58 million is sufficient.
Of the 8 new entries in the classification in 2013, Piacentini Costruzioni from Modena stands out, which recorded an increase in turnover of 108%.
Piacentini winners in 2013
According to the special classification edited by “Edilizia e Territorio” Piacentini Costruzioni recorded:
- The highest Ebit/sales growth (+15.1%)
- The highest gross income Ebitda (mol)/sales (22.8%)
- Third place for % profit from sales (6.3%).
The Ebitda is the difference between income and cost of production, without considering the financial liabilities, depreciation and tax. The Ebitda/sales ratio by 100 gives the company’s gross income.